California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures And Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018; Effective January 1, 2020:
The personal information that we collect or have collected from users within the last twelve months prior to the time of this disclosure becoming effective. We collect or have gathered the following categories of personal information from its users:
- Unique identifiers such as your first name, last name, or similar identifier, address, or IP address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, search history, and interaction data on your use of our website and from links in our emails sent to you;
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from our website users when they provide the information to us.
- Indirectly from you as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-party service providers under service contracts.
The personal information that we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, billing address, or IP address;
- Personal information, such as a credit card number, for example, if we use a third-party payment processor;
- Your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example, if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by us or fill the User Content form;
- Geolocation data from your IP address.
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability:
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us. Depending on your data choices and subject to applicable regulations, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
We may, however, deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers(s) to:
- Complete the purpose for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech; ensure another consumer's right to exercise their free speech rights or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq. or other legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, and we will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, and when we make changes to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the website and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. Your continued use of our website and/or the services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.